In 2019 and 2020, there will be calls for international business projects amounting to 63 million Euro under the EEA and Norway Grants in Croatia, Greece, Poland, Portugal and Romania.
Are you interested in joining one of these projects? Then you should participate at the Blue Growth Conference and Matchmaking Event on May 22 in Ålesund! Tentative event agenda
: https://blue-growth-matchmaking.b2match.io/agenda Conference set up
- 50 participants from Croatia, Greece, Portugal, Poland, Romania (i.e. 10 each)
- 50 from Iceland and Norway
- The bilateral activity starts with a social dinner on May 21st
- There is again a conference part and a matchmaking part on May 22nd
- In the afternoon of May 22nd there will be the possibility for a guided visit of the Norwegian Maritim Competence Center (upon registration only, first come, first served), reserved for the participants from abroad.
Purpose of the event
- to establish a meeting platform for potential partners within R&D, technology suppliers and potential clients for project collaboration towards EEA and Norway Grants
- to provide a forum for discussion and collaboration within green industry innovation and digitalisation
- a profile database has been set, where companies partners can register and book B2B-speed meetings for May 22nd.
Expectations of the participating companies: The event is about finding partners for project collaboration under the EEA and Norway Grants. When registering, the companies should provide a project idea and also provide some information on what kind of partner from Iceland or Norway they are looking for. Consultancies / companies who are exclusively looking to sell their services or products would not fall under the target group of the event. They will therefore most likely be rejected.
Please note that if the company’s application profile is accepted, they will be offered a travel support (grant) of EUR 1,200 (one per entity), in order to cover travel and accommodation expenses.
Among the topics for the event will be:
- Technologies and solutions for fisheries/aquaculture (development of innovative products and technologies in fisheries/fish farming sector)
- Ocean renewable energy sector
- Maritime industry, including maritime transports technologies
- Off-shore infrastructures
- Robotics related to marine and maritime technologies
- Technologies for deep sea resources and mapping
- Shipbuilding and shipping (development of innovative products and technologies)
- Blue biotechnology and environmental monitoring and surveillance activities
- Innovative products and technologies which are already available in the market, or to develop new ones, that use marine litter as raw material
- Where applicable, solutions and technologies are not limited to the oceans, but also relate to inland waters