Are you a young graduate searching for a challenging experience in a stimulating and dynamic EU Agency? Do you want to apply your skills and knowledge in one of the areas within EFSA’s remit? Are you interested in being part of a rewarding mission in multinational settings?
Look no further and apply for a traineeship at EFSA. As a trainee you will contribute to the general activities of the Agency, through a rewarding and challenging experience.
Your key objectives
Under the supervision of your traineeship adviser within the unit of assignment, you will have the opportunity to:
- Get a first-hand experience into the workings of a scientific EU Agency, developing new competencies and skills in line with your personal interests and professional aspirations;
- Contribute to the overall objectives of the unit by supporting in drafting documents and reports, handling scientific and/or administrative work, searching and reviewing literature, and ensuring timely communication of outcomes;
- Contribute to specific projects and activities with new ideas and innovative solutions;
- Contribute to the planning and monitoring of the unit’s activities.
You will play an active role in an organisation that makes a difference to the lives of 500 million EU citizens.
EFSA employs approximately 440 staff members and its Scientific Committee and Panels engage highly qualified and independent scientific experts. Every position within EFSA plays an important part in creating an inspirational environment in which to work and develop.
EFSA key priorities are
- Prioritise public and stakeholder engagement in the process of scientific assessment;
- Widen EFSA’s evidence base and maximise access to its data;
- Build the EU’s scientific assessment capacity and knowledge community;
- Prepare for future risk assessment challenges;
- Create an environment and culture that reflect EFSA’s values of cooperation, innovation, openness, independence and scientific excellence.
Read more about EFSA Strategy 2020.
WHAT WE OFFER
Life in Parma
Parma is a city of around 200.000 inhabitants with a lovely historic centre, located in the Italian region of Emilia-Romagna. It is famous for its food, local wines and musical heritage. Its surrounding countryside includes a varied landscape with medieval castles, attractive villages and historic towns. Parma is strategically located between the major Italian cities of Milan and Bologna, with it being possible to reach ski resorts, natural parks, the seaside and mountains all within a few hours.
As an EFSA trainee, you will be part of a lively and energetic team of young people organising many different social and cultural activities.